Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chili or Chili Beans? That is the Question.

Matt and I have had an ongoing “argument” of what this dish is actually called.

Here’s a little background:
A few years ago, Matt tells me he has fixed chili beans for dinner and invited me to eat with them.
Now if you know me, I am a very literal person, so I was assuming that Matt had prepared a large pot of chili beans.
When I got to his house for dinner, I discover that it is actually a pot of chili with beans.
This is when I told him that he could only call it chili beans if it was only a pot of beans. Being that it was not just a pot of beans, it must be called chili with beans.
We still have this argument each time he makes it.
We agree to disagree.

Ok back on subject.
I will be the first to say that Matt’s chili with beans is absolutely phenomenal.
He has made it with ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey, and ground deer (venison).

The other night, Matt prepared what had to be the best pot of chili to date.
He refuses to give me the recipe, all he will tell me is the basic ingredients…but he refuses to tell the secret ingredients.

This most recent dish consisted of:
Ground turkey
Ground deer
Diced tomatoes
Chili Tomatoes
Corn
Chili Beans
Salsa
Chili Powder
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Pickled Jalapenos

Then you just top it with a little cheese and sour cream and you are set!


No comments: