Saturday, January 22, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is a recipe that I was told I had to make.
I was told by none other than the Buffalo-loving boyfriend of mine, Matt.
Matt's childhood friend, Tabitha, has made this dip for a while and made a special batch for his birthday last year.
We've also had this same dip made by our friend, Malea.
Malea is a good friend of ours and she loves to cook. 
You can see alot of her recipes over at Sassy Pants in SC.
She too has a Buffalo-loving man in her life as well, so she has several buffalo-y recipes to check out.

 

Buffalo Chicken Dip
(Adapted from Malea at Sassy Pants in SC)

INGREDIENTS
8 oz cream cheese, softened (FF)
¼ c ranch dressing mix
¼ c nonfat plain yogurt
½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
½ c Franks Red Hot
1 can white chicken breast meat, shredded w/ a fork

Place cream cheese in a bowl, microwave eough to smooth cheese to a creamier texture.
Add remaining ingredients, stir well.   Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stir and microwave more if necessary.

(I added a little mozzarella on top and heated it until melted.)

Thanks Malea for this wonderful recipe.  I have it bookmarked on my blackberry because I never know when Matt is going to ask me to make it and this way I always have the recipe/ingredients handy!

2 comments:

Mrs. Ashe said...

Looks delish! Tab makes something similar to this, don't think she uses yogurt tho.

Deidre said...

I acutally make it with FF sour cream. I totally forgot to put that change in the recipe. I'll add it later. :)