Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chicken Fajitas

My Dearest and I had gone to the store the other day together.
In the grocery section, we saw chicken breast that had been marinated in fajita seasonings.
It looked good so we decided we'd have Chicken Fajitas for dinner.
We picked up some black beans and Uncle Ben's Taco Rice to go with it.
It turned out really delish.
I can't wait to make them again....maybe with steak or shrimp.

I have no idea how to make fajitas so I make up my own recipe, if you wanna call it that.

Garlic Clove, Red Pepper and Green Pepper sauteing in the Dutch Oven.  Isn't it pretty?

This is what I ended up with, not too shabby, huh?

Chicken Fajitas
(Recipe created by Yours Truly)

INGREDIENTS
1 T olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
½  yellow onion, cut into strips (My Dearest & I aren't fans of onions, so I didn't use a lot)
1 pound Fajita Marinated Chicken Breasts, cut into strips (I forgot to look at the brand...oops)
Flour Tortillas

Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.  Add garlic, peppers and onion and saute for a couple minutes.  Add chicken and cook until chicken is completely done. (I wanna say it took approx 20-25 minutes until the chicken was done.)

I heated my cast iron grilled, sprayed it with a little olive oil on it and threw on a tortilla one at a time.  I kept it on the griddle long enough to warm it up then flipped it.  I thought it made all the difference in the world.  But maybe I'm biased. 

No comments: