Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes

I had been eye-balling these little spice packets by McCormick for some while now.
One day, I decided that I was no longer going to gawk at them in the grocery aisle,
imagining how delicious the food looked any longer.
I wo-manned up and bought one.
Boy am I thrilled that I'm no longer a gawker!
This was probably one of the best meals I've ever had.
The best part is - obviously the back of the Recipe Inspiration has the recipe
but since I have all of these spices on hand, I don't have to buy the packet any longer!
Which means that I no longer stand in the aisle gawking.
Um, well, I still gawk.  
My Dearest isn't a fan of "sweet" or "fruity" ingredients in his savory meals.
He's weird like that, he doesn't like the little extra flair that fruit adds to a meal. 
I don't particularly like that about him, because I'm all about a little fruit flair in my meals.
I will continue to love him regardless of his lack o' fruity flair.
I will continue to make him flairless foods.


(Photo from McCormick)

Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes
(Adapted from the McCormick Kitchens)

INGREDIENTS
2 tsp Paprika
1½ tsp Crushed Rosemary Leaves
1 tsp Minced Garlic
½ tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 2lbs)  (I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
1½ lbs. small red potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes

Mix oil, all of the spiced and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and potatoes; toss to coat well. Arrange chicken and potatoes in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-nch baking pan sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.

Roast in preheated 425ºF oven 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, turning potatoes occasionally.

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 6 Servings

1 comment:

blondevue... said...

These look so good!!! Thanks for posting it for all of us to see I've been wanting to make some this week, I think I shall now!