Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chewy Lemon Cookies

Just before Christmas, a co-worker brought in cookies she had baked.
They were absolutely yummy!
Lemony, chewy, tart yet sweet.
Perfect in every way.
She gave us the recipe, um, can you say easy peasy?!
I decided to make a batch the other day.
Definitely super easy, but I will mention now, it can be a sticky situation fast.



Chewy Lemon Cookies
(From the Kitchen of B.K.)

1 boxed lemon cake mix
1 egg
1 container of cool whip (I used FF)
Powdered Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together the cake mix, egg and cool whip; mixing well.  Using a tablespoon, drop cookie mixture into the powered sugar.  Roll the cookie batter around in the sugar until completely coated.  Place on greased cookie sheet.  Pop in the over and bake for 10 minutes.



4 comments:

Linda Stewart said...

I bet you could make these with Strawberry or Orange cake mix and they would be delish too!

Deidre said...

That is exactly what I want to try next!

I totally meant to say that in the post and forgot.

I can't wait to try the strawberry!

blondevue... said...

ooo my Grandma is here and LOVES anything lemon! I'll have to make some for her. Thanks pal! Awesome blog!

Deidre said...

They are so easy to make and SOOOOO good. :)
I'd even go to say they are somewhat "low fat" being that you use FF cool whip! :)

Thank you for the sweet comments - I worked real hard one evening getting this blog to look like I wanted it too....still somethings to tweak here and there but overall its what I was going for. :)